Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Get a New Thought



Sometimes all it takes to shift perspective and get going in the right direction is a new thought.  Just the simplest expression can make all the difference, I’ve found.  Here a few of my favorites relating to wellness.  The first three come from my experience as a Weight Watchers Leader.
If you bite it, write it. Corny, I know, but it really helps clients realize that every little crumb, taste or morsel has calories and makes a difference!  Often, just writing down everything you eat in a day raises your awareness and enables you to figure out a better approach.
Feedback, not failure.  Rather than beating yourself up for a choice you made, see it as feedback - “Guess that didn’t work very well!”  Then ask yourself what you could do differently next time to have a better result.  Promise to take that action and move on.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. This is my all-time favorite WW expression because I love food.  But, I remember how good it felt to reach my goal weight and go shopping for clothes at my new size.  It was definitely more fun than any piece of cheesecake or pizza I’ve ever had.
Practice makes progress.  Michelle Duggar uses this encouragement with her 19 children.  Whether it’s establishing an exercise habit, learning to say “no” or creating a new eating routine, you don’t have to be perfect to be successful.  Staying with it and practicing will bring progress, which creates momentum and motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.